Certifications and Awards
The Unfallkrankenhaus Berlin is committed to the best possible treatment and greatest patient security. The ukb subscribes to a number of certification bodies, in order to document these strict quality standards in medical care.
Nursing at the Unfallkrankenhaus Berlin is certified by DIN EN ISO 9001:2008. Part of this certification consists in yearly supervisory audits by an external certifying body. Moreover, internal audits for quality assessment are conducted on a regular basis.
The German Society for Trauma Surgery (DGU) decided to create a clinic network for treating the critically injured that responds to local conditions. The hospitals which are part of this network specify and specialize their care according to their different facilities and structures, whether as a supraregional, regional or local trauma centre. The ukb is a certified supraregional trauma centre.
The quality of the treatment in various clinics, departments and centres has been assured by the following certifications:
- The FESSH has certified the Department for Hand, Replantation and Microsurgery as a European Hand Trauma Centre since 2010.
- The Treatment Unit for Stroke Patients in the Neurology Clinic is a certified supraregional Stroke Unit for Berlin and Brandenburg.
- The Urology and Neurourology Clinic is a DIN EN ISO 9001:2008 certified Prostate Centre.
- Certification of the Clinic for General and Abdominal Surgery as a competence centre for surgical coloproctology, award with the seal of quality from the German Hernia Society.
- Certified Head-Neck-Tumour Centre