BG Hospital Bergmannsheil Bochum
Cutting-edge medicine in the heart of the Ruhr district – this is what the BG University Hospital Bergmannsheil has been offering for over 125 years. Founded in 1890 as the first accident hospital to care for injured miners worldwide, it is one of the most modern and most efficient acute care clinics of maximum care. It is part of the university hospital of the Ruhr University in Bochum.
Whether for acute care, scheduled treatment, rehabilitation or outpatient therapy – at Bergmannsheil, patients find a concentration of medical expertise under a single roof. In 23 clinics and specialization departments with a total of 652 beds, approximately 21 000 patients receive inpatient and 65 000 patients outpatient treatment annually. A comprehensive performance spectrum, high level of employee expertise and diverse research activities enable Bergmannsheil to offer all its patients the best possible services.
Specific Performance Characteristics
- University Hospital of the Ruhr University in Bochum
- Certified Supraregional Trauma Centre
- Severe Burn Injury Centre
- Paraplegic Treatment Centre
- Hand Surgery Centre
- Rehabilitation Centre
- Two Helicopter Landing Pads
- Neurorobotical Movement Training Centre
- Member of the Ruhr-University Comprehensive Cancer Centre (RUCCC)